Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Single Weekend Ahead!

Happy August! This marks a first for my blog, that's for sure. I'm very happy I'm still at it!

Did I mention I was headed out this weekend sans spouse and pets? Well I am, and I'm quite looking forward to it. It was touch-and-go for a few weeks with our new company transition pending, but now it looks like I'll have no issue taking Friday off. It will be nice to get away for a few days and see people that I rarely get to visit with.

My plan is to be in Shilo by 12:30 for lunch with my previous manager. Too bad there's still a time difference between here and Manitoba. I'll get away around 7:30, but will still lose an hour once I hit the border. Considering it's a Friday before a long weekend on a military base, I don't expect to see many others that I used to work with. I'll check around, however, and maybe get a hello in to some that I missed on my visit last year.

The rest of the weekend will be split between Baldur and Pelican Lake. It's Baldur's 130th anniversary so they're having a Homecoming. That's why Paul is staying at home: he will literally know only a couple people. I'm not from there either, but at least I've been around a lot longer and most of my parents' friends know who I am. Mom and Dad will be around town on Saturday too, so we can all hang out.

I hope the weather is nice on Sunday, and maybe I'll get a boat ride in. I also plan to have coffee or supper with an old friend/co-worker that I've not seen since we moved. Things have changed for her a lot since we last spoke, so I'm looking forward to our re-connection.

Although I'll be leaving my loved ones at home, and will miss them somewhat, I will also enjoy the time away. I'm most looking forward to some good, quality, alone time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog