Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Parental Pick-Me-Up

My mother is so sweet. I had a pretty frustrating day and just wanted to come home, lay on the couch, and stuff my face with tasty delights. She perked me up though, when I found a lovely piece of mail in the box from her. Actually, it was quite a large piece of mail, not just a letter. Here's what it looked like:
Front
Back

Cute, right? I sure thought so. I love the animal stickers, and the random pieces of scrapbook paper. I also immediately noticed the Montreal Canadiens stamp! Did you see the sweet little poem on the back too? And the flower stamps! It was quite special to receive, that's for sure.

I got a few little goodies, like notepaper and a food magazine. Paul even got a few mind puzzles (perfect!). Mom even wrote me a note on bright pink paper. Love it! To say thank you, I'm sharing a recipe from the magazine that totally made me think of her: Watermelon Soda Float. Maybe she'll even make it for me sometime! :)

Thanks for the pick-me-up, momma :)


2 comments:

  1. We definitely have one of the best, most thoughtful & sweet mothers that ever lived. I don't know what I would do if the love-mail ever stopped!!
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome Dana. And I have so much fun with the "love mail" so don't plan on stopping anytime soon. Besides, someone has to keep Canada Post alive:).

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog