Monday, August 20, 2012

...and Back to Work

It's hard to go back to work after any weekend. This one was no different. Sure, we had an extra day off, but it would have been great to just relax a little longer before getting back into the grind.

My co-worker had returned to work this past Friday. Obviously I missed that because I was camping, but I saw her today. She seemed to be in pretty good spirits, and was admittedly absent-minded at times due to her head "still not entirely being there". That was no surprise, and she actually  did a better job than I had expected. I definitely am glad to have her back for a few days. Then she goes on some planned holidays until after the September long weekend. Lucky ducky.

I didn't actually have that bad a day; it would still be nicer to enjoy another day off though! As per usual, we're in a "holding pattern" until Legal Day One is announced. No one knows for sure, just the head haunchos, and they're not letting any details out. I do believe we're still waiting to hear from China, however, so let's hope they just say "okay" soon.

I'll be pretty busy again in a few days, then it will be non-stop until the middle of next week. I'm okay with that, as long as I keep my stress levels in check, and watch my attitude. Patience is also key, and I'll have to remember to be kind and listen well. I'm still happy with my job, so at least the stress ebbs away and I still want to go back the next day.

If only I could get that permanent promotion...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog