Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Completed Confusion

Only 900+ pages later, I finally finished A Feast for Crows, the fourth book in the George R. R. Martin series "A Song of Ice and Fire". For the first time, I was quite disappointed with the ending. As with the other books, it's supposed to leave you hanging, itching to start the next one, but this one just left me confused.

Thank goodness for Google (I <3 900="900" a="a" about.="about." about="about" after="after" all="all" and="and" apparently="apparently" at="at" beginning="beginning" book.="book." book="book" by="by" chapter="chapter" character="character" circle="circle" clear.="clear." clicked="clicked" come="come" completely="completely" delightful="delightful" dude="dude" each="each" end.="end." everything="everything" forgotten="forgotten" full="full" g="g" have="have" i="i" is="is" it="it" just="just" last="last" later="later" least="least" likes="likes" link="link" ll="ll" make="make" makes="makes" martin="martin" me="me" mr.="mr." need="need" no="no" now="now" of="of" off="off" on="on" p="p" pages="pages" paragraph="paragraph" particular="particular" prologue="prologue" quite="quite" re-read="re-read" reading="reading" regarding="regarding" remind="remind" results.="results." s="s" search="search" second="second" see="see" sense="sense" six="six" start="start" teaser="teaser" that="that" the="the" those="those" to="to" understand="understand" ve="ve" was="was" weeks="weeks" well="well" what="what" will="will" with="with" you="you">
When I'm done figuring out how the book ends, I have to go out and buy book five, A Dance With Dragons. Unfortunately, it's only available in hardcover right now. At least my co-worker, who is going to start reading the series and prefers the hardcover version, said he'll buy it off me. Next March I'll be able to get the paperback and add it to my collection.

 I just hope that book five doesn't leave me completely hanging at the end like this one did. I know there's more coming (the author is this crazy imaginative writer who has so many stories to tell that I see the series going on until he dies) but am concerned I'll not be able to be patient. I guess I'll need to find another fun series to read about if that happens! Or, better idea, I could read some of the books in my already-large collection... ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog