Monday, August 6, 2012

Long Weekend Food Woes

I really hate long weekends. Not for the extra day though, that's for sure. In Shilo, I used to work only 30 hours per week as that was all they had available for me. I really got used to having every Friday off. I'm used to working 37.5 hours per week now, so it's not the hours of work I despise.

I simply eat too much on long weekends. It doesn't help that 80-90% of the long weekends in the year are spent away from Regina, travelling back home to visit with family. Eating away pretty much guarantees that I won't eat enough fruits and vegetables, but will take in more starches (aka carbs) than I should. It also means that I don't eat my "normal" Monday foods on the holiday Monday, but instead find myself indulging in more "weekend" foods because it is, after all, still the weekend.

Like I tell all my fellow TOPS members, you just have to make the right choices. I did make a good decision by packing two baggies full of veggies and grapes, and not packing any chocolate or salty or greasy snacks. It's just so easy to overeat and then sit around not doing anything. For me, boredom equals stuffing my face. It will be the bane of my existence forevermore, I think.

It will be a total fluke of nature if I don't  gain weight this week. I guess there's always next week, and making those good choices I know so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog