Thursday, August 2, 2012

Jean Genes

A little known fact about me is that I have a very difficult time packing light. You never know what the weather will turn out like, or what you'll end up doing during your time away, so it's smart to pack a little of everything, right? I'm pretty sure I get this trait from my father. Call it indeciveness, or whatever you want. I just call it being prepared.

In my defence on this particular weekend away, I picked the smallest suitcase I own. It's small enough to be carried onto a flight, so that's a positive point. I don't really care that I'll only be away for two days and two nights! I wore my Lulu's, a t-shirt, and a long-sleeve topper for the drive out and this is (basically) what I packed:
  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 2 pairs of shorts (black and tan)
  • 1 pair of capris
  • 2 long-sleeve zip-ups (purple and black)
  • 3-4 t-shirts of varying colours/styles
  • 3-4 tank tops of varying colours/styles
  • 1 elbow-length t-shirt
  • plenty of socks and underwear (because you never know what may happen)
  • 2 bras (different colours, plus the one I wore)
  • a nightshirt
  • a light robe for the morning so I don't have to walk to the shower with in but butt-revealing nightshirt...
  • 1 swim suit
  • 1 cover-up
This might sound like a lot, but it all fit into that little suitacase with lots of room to spare. Even at home I find it difficult to pick out clothes to wear, so I usually do so the night before. That takes the stress out of my already-time-crunched morning. I just can't say I know what I'll want to wear the next day when I'm out of town, however, so I need to pack to be prepared. I can guarantee you that half of the clothes won't be worn. I can also guarantee that if I didn't bring extras along I will have wished I had.

I'll just blame this one on my genes. Or my jeans. Whatever :p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog