Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Clothing Size Debaucle

Since I lost some weight, I came to realize that each clothing company seems to have its own sizing guides. This can create both happiness and frustration at times when trying on clothes.

For example, at Giant Tiger, I still have to wear a size 12 for shorts. Before losing weight, at most stores, I would wear an 18. There's no way an 18 from GT would have fit me two years ago. At Ricki's, however, I easily wear a size 10 pant, but depending on the style, can also wear an 8.

For tops, at Smart Set I like their size large t-shirts. They are very form-fitted, so a large fits really nice. Camisoles from the same store, however, fit me better in a medium. I just bought a new t-shirt from Superstore today. It was a size small. Yes, a small. Maybe it's supposed to fit generously big, but I thought it fit me just right. I have medium tank tops from Joe Fresh as well, and they are even a bit big.

As far as underwear goes, I like a large at La Senza, but a medium at Superstore. At least bras fit basically the same everywhere!

This whole sizing phenomenon just boggles my mind. I can't believe that there isn't just one standard all across the nation, or world even. I'm not stupid, I realize that 99% of my clothing is made in China or some other highly-populated country. But that said, why doesn't all the clothing that comes out of there fit the same?

I'm happy when I put on a size small t-shirt, but really ticked when I still have to wear a 12 shorts. I know, size shouldn't matter, but when I go to any other store and find that I can wear a smaller size, it gets me down to buy one bigger.

I suppose regardless of the size I'm wearing at the time, as long as I realize I look good, that's all that matters. I still think that the clothing manufacturers of the world are messing with us though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog