Wednesday, July 4, 2012

On Task for TOPS

Not for my entire life but for most of the adult part, I've enjoyed taking charge of things. If you give me a task, I'll take it on. If you don't give me a task, I'll look for something to do, and find things that haven't been noticed. I also like taking care of others in the form of teamwork and being proactive.

In TOPS, I've found that I can do all of those things as I find my groove in my new job. I find it very frustrating when there are outstanding issues or items for discussion, or when someone just doesn't want to speak up, so I take charge in that area. I have no problem taking a back seat, don't get me wrong, but I've found that many others would rather be given direction.

I suppose I've found my place in the group, somewhat, and it does feel good. There are still things and people that make me go crazy and test my patience, but I suppose that's just life. As long as I'm needed and appreciated and liked my others, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog