Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lazy Olympic Saturday

You know what I did today? A heck of a lot of nothing, that's what! And it was delightful. I guess watching hours and hours of the Olympic Games isn't exactly nothing, but I didn't do anything  productive, that's for sure.

Paul went out to work some overtime in the morning, then appeared for some lunch and went back out for a bit in the afternoon. He turned back up not long after, however, as his friend's deck materials didn't end up getting delivered.

Even though I was overly productive, I did get to enjoy some good quality athletic competition. The most interesting event I watched was the Men's 400 metre IM (Individual Medley) in swimming. Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte made it to the final, but Phelps only did just barely. He had to swim in lane 8 due to it. In the end, he totally bombed, but Lochte pulled out a gold medal win. Good for him! At least they're keeping the medal in their country. (If you don't know the background on this, Phelps got eight gold medals in the 2008 Beijing Olympics with one of them being in this swimming event.)

I'm looking forward to watching more events tomorrow, including the Women's Synchro diving competition. Go Canada, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog