Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Citrus

*YAWN* Oh wow, I am super duper tired today! I helped out the worship team today by singing this morning, and only had to take care of laundry this afternoon. I just felt soooo lazy and tired though. I think Paul felt the same way because I caught him napping in between laundry cycles. Hey, that's fine with me, the dog had him up early today.

I'm going to blame it on the weather. It's windy and rainy, yet too warm to close up the windows. It feels very United Kingdom in my home today because of it. I needed a pick-me-up around 4:30 so chose to nosh on a fresh ruby red grapefruit. Yum! Did you know:

1. Grapefruit Helps in Losing Weight
Grapefruit is high in enzymes that burn fats, has high water content and has less sodium. A combination of these three characteristics make grapefruit a perfect food for increasing your body’s metabolism.
2. Prevents Arthritis and Works as an Antiseptic
Grapefruit contains salicylic acid that helps break down the body’s inorganic calcium, which builds up in the cartilage of joints and may lead to arthritis.
3. Grapefruit Helps in Cancer Prevention
Lycopene is a carotenoid pigment that is responsible for the red color of grapefruit. It is a powerful agent against tumors and cancers as it acts as a scavenger of cancer-causing free radicals.
4. Grapefruit Helps Lower Cholesterol Levels
The antioxidants found in grapefruit are effective in reducing cholesterol levels.
5. Grapefruit Treats Common Ailments
Eating grapefruit or drinking its juice helps treat common cold and fever, dissolve gallstones, boost liver function and enhance immunity against infections. As grapefruit contains a dietary fiber called pectin, it thus promotes better digestion.

I'm glad I ate one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog