Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Merry Melodist

I really enjoy singing. Whether in the car, the shower, along with the television, or just a capella all alone. The only thing I hope, however, is that someone will tell me honestly if I suck at it.

I don't remember ever being told I sing really wonderful or anything. I get really nervous when put on the spot, but feel that I do have a voice and an ear for pitch and tone. In the last few years I've also increased my abilities by learning to sing harmonies. It really is just a matter of tuning your ear to hear the chords above or below the melody.

The Glee Project started up again last month. It made me want to pursue finding a local choir again. In the past, all I've found are groups that meet on Wednesday nights, and I'm already booked then. I did find a particular church that's starting up again in September and they meet on Thursdays. Maybe if I don't find another, I'll check them out.

Ideally, I'd be in a band rather than a choir. Although I get nervous, as soon as there's music put to the words and a group of people playing the sounds out loud, I just get excited and can belt it out. A backup singer would even be okay, I just think it would be a lot of fun.

The next time you hear me sing, please tell me if I'm terrible, okay? At least I'll know once and for all if it's worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog