Saturday, April 21, 2012

Super Saturday

Wow, it sure feels good to have my office (nearly) all organized. Paul even installed a shelf above my desk; something so easy but I've been waiting for it for a long time. Guess I just had to go buy the darned thing and give him something to do! I love the feeling of accomplishment so today was well worth it.

I spent some time in my office doing some arranging, but the majority of my afternoon was spent in the garage going through boxes. I probably ended up with ten to fifteen empty boxes after all was said and done. And that's not the end of  it, I just ran out of time in the day. That and my back was so sore that I couldn't physically handle any more. I even have two boxes of clothes and shoes to give to Dressed for Success, and two big bags of clothes and three boxes of stuff to give away to Value Village. I also brought in one box of items into the house that I knew would have a place to call home.

It's amazing how some smart decision-making and various-sized plastic storage bins can make my life so pleasing. There's still some work to do, but I've gotten an excellent start. The rest probably will take very little time to go through, and some things just need to find a home in garage rather than in my office. I only have one large bin left to store things in, so will just grab a few more if need be. They're so handy.

It was a tiring afternoon, but a really good day overall. I even got to relax after dinner with a movie with Casey and Paul. Now my legs are aching, and my eyes are heavy with sleep, so my bed is a-callin'!
Note new shelf above desk, and plastic filing cabinet on the floor
(found on UsedRegina for $10!). The built-in shelves are also
organized now and I have room for my computer monitor on the desk.
Bookcase is actually pretty sparse as I've gotten rid of most things.
Blue bin on floor is designated for Halloween costumes,
and boxes on top are destined for the garage. 
Note all the broken down cardboard boxes.
The three blue stacked bins are now full of items.
The orange one is empty for now.

It's hard to see with the car, but there are two clear plastic
bins full of books there, and another three blue ones. Finally
they are safe from potential water damage!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Dana.
    I know how you feel.
    Great to be organized.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog