Thursday, April 12, 2012

Perfect Pillow?

I've had some neck and shoulder issues for some time now. Working at a desk all day (frantically, on many occasions) doesn't help, nor does picking up a 20 lb dog with one arm. Okay, picking up the dog with only one arm only happened a couple times as I experienced excruciating pain the day after from a muscle spasm. The work, however, doesn't end.

My desk and chair were assessed for ergonomics, and they're fine. I try and move around lots and get up from my desk too. I've even been seeing a chiropractor/acupuncturist/laser therapist (all the same guy) for about six months. The neck isn't any better and the shoulder issues aren't too bad anymore. I now have wrist issues (on the top, not the bottom where carpal tunnel occurs).

I bought a feather pillow after having a few wonderful nights' sleep on one in a hotel. It didn't exactly work out the same at home after a few nights. It's a really good pillow, but doesn't support my neck like I need it to.

My mom has a latex pillow and my dad sleeps on a memory foam pillow, so to get the best of both worlds, I bought a combo. It's half-and-half latex and memory foam and tonight will be the first trying it out. I'm pretty excited about it but also anxious that it won't work any better for me. I kept all the packaging just in case I have to take it back. Thank goodness it's from Sears and they have a good exchange policy. But it's gonna work, right!?

I really do hope it helps, both for my neck and just to get a good night's sleep. We also bought an ObusForme contoured foam mattress pad. Our bed is about eight years old now and although it's not sagging, the pillowtop has some contouring and the extra cushion from the foam will be nice. So, I'll let you know how it goes!

Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog