Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rainbows

A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in theEarth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a multi-coloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun. (Wikipedia)

Casey and I are Paul-less today as he's working out of town and staying overnight to finish it up tomorrow with the other guys. I knew that I'd need to tire her out to be able to get a decent night's sleep, as Paul and her have a different routine than I do. So, we played lots right after I got home, and we went to the big dog park after supper. It had rained quite a bit in the afternoon so I went prepared in my rubber boots.

It spat a little as we walked around, and then the sun started coming out at the exact same time that the rain picked up. I didn't care as I was dressed appropriately, and we weren't anywhere fancy. It didn't rain really hard, just enough that we got decently wet. At one point as I was walking back towards the park entrance, in the direction of the sun, I looked back at Casey behind me. There was a beautiful rainbow appearing. Luckily, even with my cruddy Blackberry camera, I remembered to snap some pictures.

It was raining, although you can't tell, and the sun was
shining through it. Very pretty.

Beautiful rainbow arc.

Love this one with the bike path.

We had a good time, played ourselves out, then dried off and went home. The rainbow was a nice reminder of God's imagination in creating us such beautiful things in nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog