Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Parents for a Day

My cousin and his wife are out of town this week, from Wednesday until Sunday or Monday. They went to Los Angeles and left their two children back in Reginaland for their wonderful extended family to take care of. That means us. Luckily, only one 24 hour stint though.

Friday after work is the beginning of our parenting adventure. Since it's Paul's birthday that day, we'll try and have a fun supper. As long as the weather is good, we'll barbecue or light up the fire pit and cook some hot dogs. I'll also make some kid-friendly Kraft Dinner and husband-friendly oven fries. Hopefully everyone's happy. I'm sure the dog will even get a hot one out of it.

I plan to get the kids out of the house on Saturday to allow Paul to continue on our little renovation. Elizabeth (M.I.L.) will arrive in a week, so we need to get it done, including paint and flooring. I have faith though! As long as we get out of Paul's way, he'll be productive.

We'll see how the weekend goes with the kids. They are four and six, rather than babies, so at least they can fend for themselves in many ways. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog