Monday, June 4, 2012

Baby Shout-Out

A friend of mine from high school just gave birth to her first baby, a daughter she and her husband named Savannah. This is nothing new (that all my high school friends are having babies), but this is the funny part: she just began her maternity leave on Saturday. Yep, she worked right up to a week before her due date, then gave birth early.

This was surprising at first, and I laughed at loud, but then I realized how truly unsurprising it really was. "J" was always extremely determined in everything she did. She would ensure that the job was done, and well. Her father is much the same. I guess I used to think I was a lot like her, and I still am, but certain things like having a baby not two days after going on leave is nuts!

Here's a shout-out to my dear friend, with whom I shared many a laugh (and high school crush). Congratulations to you and your Mister, on the birth of your very hairy, beautiful baby girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog