Sunday, June 3, 2012

Curious Like a Cat

I've been wanting to write this particular blog for quite some time but have been afraid of being judged. I'm not sure why I care, because it's my blog and I can darn well say what I want, but I don't want to be taken the wrong way.

All I've wanted to share is that there's a certain reality television show that I quite enjoy watching. No, not Jersey Shore (if it was, I wouldn't blame you for judging me!). It's Sister Wives. Now, before you jump on me for saying that, I don't believe that polygamy is the "right" way to live, it's just something I am open to learning more about.

Like most reality television, the point is that you can get a look into someone else's real life. Lots of people are sick of all the reality shows out there, but they're so popular because they involve stuff we can't even imagine ourselves doing or being or living like. I truly enjoy spending 30-60 minutes learning about something I'm ignorant of. It's not just for the water cooler chat; I like to be informed.

I was brought up a certain way, believing in certain ideas, and I still believe in them. I'm just open to others' ideas and accept them for that. I'm not interested in converting them to my beliefs unless they are open to it. For the Browns (the family in Sister Wives), they are Christians who simply believe in a different lifestyle. Their struggles are different from mine, and I'll never fully understand them, but I appreciate them opening up their homes to allow me to learn a bit more about them.

These people are also God's creatures, regardless of their choices, so although I don't condone what they do, I will accept them for who they are... and keep tuning in Sunday nights at 7:00 pm on TLC... Maybe it's just my "cat nature". You know, always curious ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog