Thursday, June 28, 2012

MIL Day Six: Retail Therapy

How better to spend a day with another woman than to go shopping? I sure thought it was a good idea, and it proved true.

The MIL has been looking for some matching "pants" (aka panties, underwear, knickers, etc) for her black and white animal print brassiere. What I found out about her is that she's obsessed with underwear. Not just any underwear; it has to match on top and on bottom. Gosh, I have a drawer full of neutral colours (goes with everything!) so can't even imagine what her drawers (pardon the pun) look like.

Since arriving a week ago, she's looked for these pants in every store we've been in that carries lingerie, to no avail. Walmart, Zellers, Winners, Sears, La Vie en Rose, La Senza. Finally, after I made a purchase myself at a neighbouring store, I suggest we take a walk into The Bay for a peek. Sure, everything costs more, but we might as well check. Well, what luck, I found a pair that suited the colour, her size, and her taste for full coverage. Thank God. Then I found out that she owns two pairs of pants for every bra so will continue to look for another pair when we're in any other store. Good Lord!

The weather was beautiful with a warm summer wind. We enjoyed a tasty lunch on the Beer Brothers patio and listened to the open-air lunch hour concert happening just down the way. The day was made only sweeter by me finding some great sales on a few new items of clothing and accessories. To top it all off, she took us out for DQ burgers, fries, and ice cream for supper. Yum!

The pocketbook may be a bit more empty, but we were finally able to do something that we both have an interest in. Retail therapy most always makes me smile, so this day was definitely a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog