Monday, October 29, 2012

Hotel Harmony

Planning a little weekend away should be really easy. In fact, it would be if I wasn't the one planning it! I know what I want, kinda... sorta... I'm really not sure, actually. See?!

The issue is that I want to get a good hotel rate, but be in a great location. I have all these options for getting a good rate, like the Entertainment Book I purchased last year that offers hotel discounts, or even the Viterra discount. The seemingly simple task of choosing a nice hotel ends up being quite an involved process.

I already booked us a room at a particular hotel, but I don't really like the area and wouldn't mind spending a tad more to get a little more upscale experience. We're only spending one night and two days away as it is, so I want to be comfortable and yet within walking distance of all the cute little stores downtown.

The co-worker I've been carpooling with the last few weeks is from Saskatoon, so on the way home today I asked her for her opinion. I'm definitely going to look into the hotel she mentioned and see what things are close by. I value a good rating from someone that's been there, and I appreciate knowing someone that knows a lot more about the city than I do.

Regardless of where we end up sleeping, I'm looking forward to getting away from Regina for a few days. Especially the cats and dog. Sure, we love them to bits but the peace and quiet is long overdue. They can enjoy their own little weekend retreat at the same time anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog