Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Capacious Chapter

This always happens: I forget or don't have time to blog some nights, then get backed up by two or even three days. Today is actually Saturday the 13th, but you think it's the 11th. I'm such a trickster :p

"Tonight", our TOPS executive committee (minus a few) plus a few other long-term members got together for coffee and a chat about our chapter. I can't go into details about what we spoke about, but I can say that I will be making a change in the very near future. Not in that I'll be leaving the chapter for another, just making a change within. I huge weight was lifted off my shoulders with the decision I made, and I'm happy that everything will work out even though I did so.

Our chapter is very big right now; nearly 60 members. Around 45 are regularly weighing in, just depending on the week. We almost don't fit in a big circle anymore in the room that we gather. Almost. The goal is to gain more members all the time, but there has been a real spurt since I took over the weight recorder position in April. An overwhelming spurt, to be honest.

Regardless of what changes occur within our chapter in the coming months, I'm still very happy to be a TOPS Club member and I look forward to getting to know my "pals" even better than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog