Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pupcakes

Wow, my Casey girl is two year's old tomorrow! Time sure flies when you're having fun. She sure is an awesome dog, albeit nuts and a little disobedient on occasion. We sure love her.

To celebrate, I came up with a recipe for "pupcakes". No sweets, just normal food that she likes, made into miniature muffin-sized treats. Here's the recipe:

1 can flakes of tuna in water, drained
1 can flakes of chicken, drained
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup shredded cheese
half a green pepper, diced finely
2 eggs
1/4 Panko or breadcrumbs
sour cream, yogourt, or cream cheese (to dollop on before serving)

Then I baked them until they looked golden brown, probably about 25 minutes. I liken them to meaty frittatas because of all the egg. Casey sure likes them, and so does her new friend Rider.

Rider came over tonight for another playdate. They had as much fun as last week, and his mom wasn't even around. Check out the pics in my Facebook album. I think she's even napping right now! Hope she doesn't get too much sleep before bed; I'd really like a good night's sleep before my big day tomorrow.

So this is a tad premature, but Happy Birthday Casey! You're the best!
















Pi for today: 3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751

1 comment:

  1. They look yummy enough to eat. You should patent the recipe. Or just write a cookbook.
    "Best Darn Doggie Treats by Dana"

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog