Sunday, January 29, 2012

Look-Alike?

So last night at the 113th Annual Son's of Scotland Robbie Burns Dinner, I was mistaken for Rachel McAdams. Yes, the Rachel McAdams. To be honest, I was quite flattered, but that's a new one! I never spoke to the girl who thought I looked like her, but Paul did and reported this information back to me. I'm not really where she gets the resemblance, but it was a nice thought! What do you think?

I've always hoped to be mistaken for Julia Roberts. She's, tall, beautiful, interesting, well-rounded, talented, and sure of herself. I even have a picture of her on my vision board, with the Academy Award she won for "Erin Brockovich" in 2001. There was just something about her I was drawn to many years ago. Rachel is more like the little sister version of Julia.



I recall feeling that I could look like her, when I had longer hair in 2002 and was vacationing in the Dominican with a friend. The humidity did wonders for my naturally-wavy hair and I couldn't get the picture of Julia in "My Best Friend's Wedding" out of my head. I have even coloured it like she did.


It would be fun to have a career as a celebrity look-alike. Did you know that in 1920 Charlie Chaplin once entered a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest? He didn't even make it to the finals. No kidding! Maybe I could make it as a body-double... oh wait, that requires I'd also have to take all the hits! Eek! Nevermind.

Well either way, if I'm mistaken for a celebrity or not, I know I look a helluva lot better than I did 18 months ago, so I hope it happens more often! It sure makes a girl feel good about herself. (On a side note, I'm watching the SAG Awards while writing this and you want to know who showed up onscreen in a clip of her new movie? Miss Rachel McAdams, of course.)

No pi today because this is actually the 2nd blog I've written today to catch up... gimme a day to "eat" the other one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog