Sunday, December 16, 2012

Dana Nairn: Baker

Hell has frozen over: I'm baking!

This is a rare site, so take it in while you can. I have never enjoyed baking as much as I do cooking up a nice meal, as it's all so exact with the measuring and whatnot. But I decided that I wanted to share a recipe I found in a Chatelaine magazine so I donned my fun, pink apron and got to work.

It turns out that I'm not the greatest baker out there, but I'm not terrible. The item I made tasted decent and I learned that measuring actually does matter. Since I tested out the recipe myself, I can guarantee my family won't be poisoned. In fact, I hope they quite like what I made!

Let's just say it's the thought that counts, and leave it at that. Since the recipe didn't quite generate the quantity I assumed before starting, I'll probably even find time one evening this week to make something else to go with it. Just look at me, a professional baker in the making..... yeah right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog