Tuesday, May 8, 2012

So Close, Yet So Far Away

It's no secret that I'd like another dog. Specifically, a tri-coloured, male Jack Russell Terrier. I would name him Cooper. A perfect companion for my Casey. Exciting, and at the same time extremely disappointing, as there's currently one available for me.

His name is Quintero, of Foxwillow. His sire is Casey's daddy, Foxwillow Oakley, and dam is Sand Country Pebbles. He is one special little guy and has basically been offered to me, ready to adopt. The issue isn't that we don't have the time for another dog, it's the money. Simple as that. As per my last blog, money does not grow on trees (though I wish it did), and therefore little Quintero is out of reach for me this time.

Look at how cute he is! Looks just like his daddy.
I opened my mail upon arriving at home and found, delightfully, a cheque for $50 from the local Co-Op for our annual share payout. Yay! The unfortunate part is that, after shaking the cheque, no 6 appeared in front of the 50. Darnit. I'm still short.

I wouldn't be so attached to the cutie if he wasn't EXACTLY what I want in another dog. All I can hope is that, when we can afford another one, a similar pup is available. It has to be through one of my breeder friends, and preferably another Oakley baby. That pretty much guarantees the masky-face, which is a must have for me, and already knowing the ladies that manage the breeding, I have complete faith in the quality.

Until then, I'll shed a little tear for "Cooper" and pray to be able to just let go of him. Maybe next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog